SPLANDEK 486 is a two component, Solvented, aliphatic, Polyurethane based protective coating for concrete & metal surfaces. The two component polyurethane protective coating shall be SPLANDEK 486. The product shall exhibit excellent bond strength with the concrete substrate at least exceeding 2 MPa, when tested as per ASTM D4541. The product shall be formulated with minimum volume solids of 72% and to achieve dry film thickness exceeding 50 microns in two coats. The product shall offer good impact resistance & good abrasion resistance.
- SPLANDEK 486 is recommended as a protective coating for the interior & exterior areas.
- UV protection to Epoxy based systems & coatings.
- Clean rooms in pharmaceutical facilities.
- External protection of buildings.
- Dairies & grain silos, pulp and paper plants.
- As a gas and vapour barrier coating to concrete and metal surfaces.
- As protective coating in oil refineries, paper mills, power stations, garages, hospitals, etc.
- UV Resistance – Long lasting.
- High chemical resistance.
- Impermeable – vapour barrier for low RH areas.
- Superior surface finish.
- Hard surface – Easy to clean.
- Resistant to mould growth & abrasion.