SMARTSIL 195 is Hydro-swelling water-bar for joints. It is suitable for the permanent sealing of construction joints in concrete structures. All construction joints shall be installed with SMARTSIL 195, 20mm x 10mm & 20mm x 05 mm cross-sectional sized hydro-swelling water bar based on advance vinyl-acrylate polymers, composite that acts by undergoing reversible swelling on exposure to water to form an effective seal. The water-bar shall be formulated to exhibit low pre-mature swelling (less than 50% within 12 hours) and shall not be based on super absorbents. The water bar shall have low swelling pressure; not exceeding 0.25 MPa at full swelling capacity.
- Any kind of Construction joints.
- Water-tanks & water retaining structures.
- The abutments of concrete and rock, masonry, etc.
- The rafts and walls in tunnels and basements.
- Steel and concrete pipes, precast elements, etc.
- Swells in contact with water by up to 150%, effectively seals the joint.
- Effective even in salt water or brackish water.
- Elastomeric, keeps swelling and reverting to original volume throughout the life of
- SMARTSIL 195 water bar has been approved for drinking water installations.
- Resistant to wide range of chemicals.
- Water molecules held by molecular attraction not by vacuum.
- Controlled swelling – does not affect concrete.
- Does not generate foam or gas with water.
- Prevents water ingress even when the joint width varies.